21 December 2018

Favorite character: Saber Nero

Some people say Nero's personality is "flat" but I disagree. Nero isn't flat. She has more personality than Arthuria. (Comparing the two is inevitable since the designer made their appearances so similar).  I really like her in Fate/Extra: Last Encore, the way she encourages her Master, the way she shares her experiences. Her lively, uplifting personality is a source of motivation for the MC. SHAFT managed to make her very cute in art, voice and manner.  Her "Imperial Privilege" is a cool ability!  She's confident and arrogant but not annoying, like a female Gilgamesh, and very entertaining to watch.

"I will set my life ablaze for the sake of those who think I am beautiful!"

Nero is passionate and energetic but not overdone. She bravely smiles and accepts her past mistakes and flaws without regret. Even though she had suffered a lot, she still tries to be the most cheerful as she can be.  She radiates that "I am a Queen!" charisma. (On the contrary, while Arthuria is noble and dignified, I don't feel that radiance from her...)

Also, I love her chemistry with Hakuno! It's more fun and friendly than Arthuria's with Shirou. In Fate/Extella, she has the most beautiful speech/moment with Hakuno ever!

My only complaint about Nero is her design:  it's Arthuria replica with big breasts. Ugh. I don't want her to look identical to Arthuria. A little change in her appearance would go a long way in distinguishing her as a character - like how a fan artist drew her in this picture on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment