25 July 2018

Hellsing Ultimate: episode 8-10 reviews

Episode 8
  • Alucard's entrance is magnificent!
  • The visual is stunning and chilling when Dracula appears.
  • Aww... that warm father-daughter moment between Alucard and Seras

Episode 9
  • The English SUBTITLE in this episode is terrible: full of mistakes! The English dub got it right.
  • Alucard's childhood rape scene :O T_T How many times, or how long, was child-Alucard raped? The anime didn't make it clear. I like that Alucard/the author didn't use his past as an excuse to justify anything he did.
  • So many moments to love in this episode. I think my favorite is the immortally cool Alucard showing some emotion and lamenting the fall of his foe. My 2nd favorite is the flashback of Alucard's past. And Anderson's dying speech to him.
  • ALUCARD AND SERAS' BOND: Another moment that showcases he cares for her is when he was stabbed by Anderson and he is about to die, he sees an image of Seras.
  • * Seras calling for Alucard * . Alucard's like: 'Oh right, I have a kid... I have parenting to do...'
  • And then the action is just insane and oh so satisfying to watch. I always say that it's hard for action in anime to impress me because I've seen so much of it. At this point I'm much more interested in plot and characters than the average action sequence. For me to really enjoy an action sequence, it has to be visually spectacular, have a certain visceral weight and be executed flawlessly, and Hellsing manages to do all three of these things.
  • Alucard's genuine smile

Episode 10

  • I'm amused by Alucard taking on the form of a girl to mock Walter like "you transformed into a little boy, it's only fair that I transform into a girl" :D
  • Instead of lamenting defeat, the last thought Alucard has before he starts to vanish is how beautiful the sunlight looks.
  • Killing his stolen lives doesn't accomplish anything. Contrary to what he says, he is immortal. There's probably some way to kill Alucard, but ending his many lives wasn't it. The Major's plan came closer than anything, but that failed too. Not only did it fail, but it gave him true immortality. With Schrodinger's power, he's completely incapable of being destroyed.
  • Whenever Seras (or anyone in general) mentions the name Alucard, Integra goes all... what I'd call "self-conscious defensive". Now why would she do that, hm... hm... It's funny how Integra sounds like a jilted lover.. LOL.. She talks about Alucard as if he were her husband and Seras' father.
  • When Alucard returns, he has earned true immortality and he seems a lot more content now than he did before, given how badly he wanted to die, yet here he is, pledging to remain forever! I can only assume he's just himself now, rather than losing himself in the millions of lives within him. He's figured who he is and accepted what he is. A very satisfying conclusion for our beloved character!
  • Intergra says, "Okaeri" ("welcome home") and Alucard responds with, "tadaima" ("I am home") - what does it remind you of? It reminds me of how Kaoru greets Kenshin when he returns. Like Kenshin, Alucard has found home.

No comments:

Post a Comment