15 March 2019

My unpopular opinions on the Fate franchise

  1. Male Arthur > female Arthuria.
  2. Last Encore is a decent adaptation. 
  3. I despise the Fate protagonists' thick plot armors.
  4. I read F/E CCC just for Gilgamesh; I don't like the plot at all.
  5. Fate/Zero > F/SN.
  6. Male Hakuno > female Hakuno.
  7. Nero > Tamamo.
  8. I hate the idea that "ANYONE who left a significant reputation among humans is deified", thus we have Jack the Ripper. By this definition, suicide bombers would qualify as "heroic spirits". This is absurd and made for the purpose of including any character the franchise wants to include = $$$.
  9. I don't like Illya and loli in general.
  10. Mash is boring and her coming back from death (worse, at the sacrifice of Cath Palug) is cheap protagonist/waifu armor. I wish I could trade her for Galahad.
  11. I hate all the overused Saber/Rin/Sakura faces.
  12. Excessive gender-bending sucks. 
  13. I hate how the most relevant (eg, Archer, Lancer) or powerful (eg, Merlin) characters are pushed aside so that the MCs (Shirou, Gudao, Mash) can have the spotlights. 
  14. Shirou and Archer are 2 different individuals.
  15. Nasu's anti-immortality viewpoint that he forces on Fate is dumb.
  16. The Ishtar hate is unfounded. Ishtar is delightful in Babylonia. Especially her and Gil's interactions are awesome!
  17. The Merlin hate is unfounded. Merlin is delightful and helping us out tremendously throughout the series.
  18. Merlin is severely nerfed so that other characters can play their roles.
  19. Enkidu has no personality, and he isn't this cutie pie that everyone makes him to be. His whole existence was to develop Gilgamesh's character.
  20. I see no romance between Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
  21. While I like the dark theme in Heaven's Feel route, I hate it for the bad romance and unconvincing characterization (Sakura).
  22. Nasu is a kinda crappy, pandering writer who created too many tropes and waifu/protagonists plot armors.
  23. I hate the fact that Jaguar Man is Taiga in Babylonia. What a waste of a potentially awesome new character! 

No comments:

Post a Comment